Happy Feet Covid Safety Protocols, Fall 2022
Protocols are subject to change based on Marin HHS guidelines/ mandates
- Masks are optional for students at this time.
- Based on community transmission and Marin HHS recommendations, Happy Feet may mandate the use of masks during dance class. The requirement regarding masks at Happy Feet may change throughout the year based on community transmission.
- Students will need to use hand sanitizer as they enter our building. We have touchless hand sanitizer available at all entrances. If you do not want your student to use hand sanitizer, please let us know and it is fine for your student to wash with soap and water in our bathroom.
- Our HVAC system has been upgraded with MERV 13 filtration and will bring in 50% outside air at all times. For maximizing airflow, exterior and interior studio doors and windows will be open as well and there is constant air turnover created by the four exhaust fans (pulling air out) installed above the mirror. We have also have additional free-standing air filtration units.
- Ballet barres, doorknobs, and bathroom surfaces will be wiped down between each class. The bathroom window will remain open at all times.
Contact Tracing Procedures/ Notification of Exposure
- We keep accurate attendance records for each class. While we are taking every precautionary step to protect our students, if there has been a Covid-19 exposure at Happy Feet, we will inform you immediately.
- If your student has a household exposure, please refrain from attending dance class until your home is free of Covid-19.
- If your student has any sign of being under the weather, please stay home from dance. It is better to be safe than risk exposing others to illness.
- If your student begins to feel unwell during class, we will notify parents and ask that your student is picked up immediately.
- If your student needs to stay home due to an exposure or illness, if possible, please let us know prior to the start of class so that we can record and email a portion of the class to you.
Travel and Testing
- If you have traveled by plane (both in and out of state) please test your student prior to returning to dance class.
- If your student has attended a large indoor gathering (concert, wedding, etc.) please test prior to dance class.
- When in doubt, please test!
Parking and Drop Off/ Pick Up Procedures- Updated July 2022
- Parents and siblings: For the time being, parents, caregivers and siblings will not be allowed to enter the building for drop off, dismissal or to watch while class is in session (except for our Tiny Toes parent/child participation class). Parents and caregivers, please feel free to use our designated outdoor waiting areas while class is in session.
- Students should arrive already dressed and ready to dance. Dressing rooms will only be available for our middle and high school students with back to back classes.
- Parking: For the time being, there will not be any student/parent parking available on our driveway or in our back parking lot. We will be utilizing portions of our driveway and back parking lot as safe, designated waiting areas for our students. To ensure student safety, we do not want traffic on our driveway. Please park on Montford or on the neighboring streets so that you can approach our building by foot and escort your student to the front or back studio entrance.
- For Students 5th Grade and Younger: Please park on Montford or on the neighboring streets and walk your student to the designated waiting area for either the front or back studio. Parents are required to stay with their students (5th grade and younger) until the class teacher invites the student into the building.
- For Students 6th Grade and Older: Parents can approach Happy Feet by car from the top of Montford, drive down the hill towards Miller, and pull up parallel to our driveway, temporarily stop and drop off their student. This must be a quick drop off. From there, students (6th grade and older) should walk to the designated waiting areas for either the front or back studio and wait until their teacher invites them in for class. Parents of students 6th grade and older are welcome to escort their students to the designated waiting areas as well.
- Designated Outdoor Student Waiting Areas: We will have designated outdoor waiting areas for students and parents for the front and back studios. These areas will be clearly defined by colorful cones and flags. Prior to class, please wait in the designated area until the teacher invites your student in for class.
- Drop off for back studio classes: For students assigned to the back studio, please wait in the designated waiting area in the back parking lot. Teachers will invite students in through the green door in the back parking lot. From there, teachers will provide instructions for putting on dance shoes. Please note: Students 5th grade and younger need to have a parent present for drop off and pick up.
- Pick up for back studio classes: When class ends, please approach the same back door where your child entered the building, and your child’s teacher or the assistant teacher will bring your child to meet you at the back door. Please pick up your child on time, as we will need to prepare the studio for the next class and want to keep classes from mixing to limit exposure between groups.
- Drop off for front studio classes: For students assigned to the front studio, please wait in the designated waiting area by the side deck on our driveway. Teachers will invite students in from the side deck on our driveway. From there, teachers will provide instructions for putting on dance shoes and where to place dance bags.
- Pick up for front studio classes: When class ends, please approach the same side door where your child entered the building and your child’s teacher or the assistant teacher will bring your child to meet you at the same side door. Please pick up your child on time, as we will need to prepare the studio for the next class and want to keep classes from mixing to limit exposure between groups.
- Middle and High School student pick up: Parents, feel free to text your student when you are outside on Montford or you can meet your student at the same door where your student entered. Please pick up your child on time, as we will need to prepare the studio for the next class and want to keep classes from mixing to limit exposure between groups.
- If students are scheduled for back-to-back classes, we will have students take their break between classes outside in a car-free, protected area. Students will be supervised at all times by a Happy Feet staff member.
- Prior to the start of Happy Feet classes, we will send documents regarding agreement to abide by Happy Feet Covid-19 protocols and a waiver of liability.
- Our plans are subject to change based on Marin HHS guidelines/ mandates.