Happy Feet Covid Safety Protocols, Fall 2021
Protocols are subject to change based on Marin HHS guidelines/ mandates
Vaccination and Masking Requirements
- All Happy Feet teachers are already fully vaccinated.
- Students age 12 and up must be fully vaccinated by September 1 (two weeks past second shot). If eligible, we are requiring booster shots by February 1st, 2022.
- Students age 5-11 must be fully vaccinated by February 1, 2022 (new requirement now that this age group is eligible).
- Students under age 5, we are requiring that age-eligible family members are fully vaccinated.
- As per CDPH and Marin HHS requirements, all students and teachers must be masked for all indoor youth activities. Masks should fit well and not slip down when moving. Please be sure your student brings an extra mask in her/his dance bag.
- The bathroom will be available to students during class. Masks must be worn in the bathroom.
- If your older student needs to adjust his/her mask, students can step outside the side door on our side deck to do so. Younger students will be assisted by the class teacher or assistant teacher.
Class Capacity for Younger Students – Under 5 years and not yet eligible for vaccination
- As of June 15, Marin HHS removed capacity limitations for indoor activities. However, out of an abundance of caution, we’ve decided to self-impose capacity limitations for classes with unvaccinated students. Pre-Covid, we typically held two classes simultaneously in our two studios, divided by a portable soundproof partition. The maximum number of students in each class was 16, but the usual number was 10-14 students per class. As we prepare for fall, we’ve decided to use our studio space in a creative way. We will either take down the partition and use the entire studio for a class of 10-16 students, or we will leave the partition up and schedule two smaller classes in each studio simultaneously. In either case, our maximum number of unvaccinated students taking class in the building at any one time will be 16. (This is half of our pre-Covid usual maximum capacity.)
- Students will need to use hand sanitizer as they enter our building. We will have touchless hand sanitizer available at all entrances. If you do not want your student to use hand sanitizer, please let us know and it is fine for your student to wash with soap and water in our bathroom.
- Our HVAC system has been upgraded with MERV 13 filtration and will bring in 50% outside air at all times. For maximizing airflow, exterior and interior studio doors and windows will be open as well and there is constant air turnover created by the four exhaust fans (pulling air out) installed above the mirror. We have also added additional free-standing air filtration units.
- Ballet barres, doorknobs, and bathroom surfaces will be wiped down between each class. The bathroom window will remain open at all times.
Contact Tracing Procedures/ Notification of Exposure- Updated on August 29th, 2021
- We keep accurate attendance records for each class. While we are taking every precautionary step to protect our students, if there has been a Covid-19 exposure at Happy Feet, we will inform you immediately.
- If your student or any household member has been identified as exposed to Covid-19, please notify us right away.
- For students under age 5: Marin HHS Covid-19 Decision Tree for schools has stated that if your unvaccinated student is placed in modified quarantine from a “supervised school exposure,” she/he may NOT attend their Happy Feet class or any other extra curricular activity until the modified quarantine period has ended. Please click here to reference the Marin HHS Covid-19 Decision Tree for schools for unvaccinated or partially vaccinated individuals. Please reference the turquoise box in the lower right hand part of the screen.
- We anticipate an update soon from Marin HHS regarding quarantining, testing, and safe return to extra curricular activities for youth. We will keep this page updated as we know more.
- If your student or any household member has any symptoms of Covid-19 including shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, please stay home from dance until your healthcare practitioner has determined that your student does not have Covid-19.
- If your student has any sign of being under the weather, not specific to the above symptoms, please stay home from dance. It is better to be safe than risk exposing others to illness.
- If your student begins to feel unwell during class, we will notify parents and ask that your student is picked up immediately.
- If your student needs to stay home due to potential exposure, confirmed exposure, or illness, if possible, please let us know prior to the start of class so that we can record and email a portion of the class to you. We will send more information on this option separately.
Travel- Updated on August 29th, 2021
- We are following Marin HHS guidance for quarantining and testing after travel. Please let Happy Feet know if your student travels outside of California, regardless of your vaccination status.
- For students under age 5: As per Marin HHS and CDC guidelines, please quarantine and test five days after returning from out of state, prior to returning to Happy Feet class.
Parking and Drop Off/ Pick Up Procedures- Updated on August 29th, 2021
- Parents and siblings: For the time being, parents, caregivers and siblings will not be allowed to enter the building for drop off, dismissal or to watch while class is in session.
- Students should arrive already dressed and ready to dance. The dressing rooms will not be available as we don’t want students gathering in a small space.
- Parking: For the time being, there will not be any student/parent parking available on our driveway or in our back parking lot. We will be utilizing portions of our driveway and back parking lot as safe, designated waiting areas for our students. To ensure student safety, we do not want traffic on our driveway. Please park on Montford or on the neighboring streets so that you can approach our building by foot and escort your student to the front or back studio entrance.
- For Students 5th Grade and Younger: Please park on Montford or on the neighboring streets and walk your student to the designated waiting area for either the front or back studio. Parents are required to stay with their students (5th grade and younger) until the class teacher invites the student into the building.
- For Students 6th Grade and Older: Parents can approach Happy Feet by car from the top of Montford, drive down the hill towards Miller, and pull up parallel to our driveway, temporarily stop and drop off their student. This must be a quick drop off. From there, students (6th grade and older) should walk to the designated waiting areas for either the front or back studio and wait until their teacher invites them in for class. Parents of students 6th grade and older are welcome to escort their students to the designated waiting areas as well.
- Designated Outdoor Student Waiting Areas: We will have designated outdoor waiting areas for students and parents for the front and back studios. These areas will be clearly defined by colorful cones and flags. Prior to class, please wait in the designated area until the teacher invites your student in for class.
- Drop off for back studio classes: For students assigned to the back studio, please wait in the designated waiting area in the back parking lot. Teachers will invite students in through the green door in the back parking lot. From there, teachers will provide instructions for putting on dance shoes. Please note: Students 5th grade and younger need to have a parent present for drop off and pick up.
- Pick up for back studio classes: When class ends, please approach the same back door where your child entered the building, and your child’s teacher or the assistant teacher will bring your child to meet you at the back door. Please pick up your child on time, as we will need to prepare the studio for the next class and want to keep classes from mixing to limit exposure between groups.
- Drop off for front studio classes: For students assigned to the front studio, please wait in the designated waiting area by the side deck on our driveway. Teachers will invite students in from the side deck on our driveway. From there, teachers will provide instructions for putting on dance shoes and where to place dance bags.
- Pick up for front studio classes: When class ends, please approach the same side door where your child entered the building and your child’s teacher or the assistant teacher will bring your child to meet you at the same side door. Please pick up your child on time, as we will need to prepare the studio for the next class and want to keep classes from mixing to limit exposure between groups.
- Middle and High School student pick up: Parents, feel free to text your student when you are outside on Montford or you can meet your student at the same door where your student entered. Please pick up your child on time, as we will need to prepare the studio for the next class and want to keep classes from mixing to limit exposure between groups.
- If students are scheduled for back-to-back classes, we will have students take their break between classes outside in a car-free, protected area. Students will be supervised at all times by a Happy Feet staff member.
- Prior to the start of Happy Feet classes, we will send documents regarding agreement to abide by Happy Feet Covid-19 protocols, a waiver of liability, and attestation of vaccination status for age eligible students. For younger students who are not yet eligible for vaccination, we will ask you to attest that all age-eligible household members are vaccinated.
- Our plans are subject to change based on Marin HHS guidelines/ mandates.